Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Photobucket

Hey World!
Last week was kinda hectic, so I owe you one... Thanks for coming back. Let's get in>>>

Photobucket
"That just happened!"
Photobucket

Benefits
Lupus is the dis-ease that the Master Producer J Dilla suffered from. When he passed in ’06, three days after his birthday, music heads felt it! So when the homie Sanniyah Griffin said she was doing a benefit, I volunteered my DJ services. Honestly, I don’t do charities and benefits in the traditional manner. Not because I don’t care. It’s that I recognize that calling for a war on terrorism, for example, does nothing but and fuel. The constant attention to what we don’t want creates an orgy of negative manifestation. But I digress. -I wanted to spin and have fun and get educated, and I did! Give thanks to Sunny and big up to Avery Sunshine : D

Art Shown
That dude Cosmo I introduced you to, with the “CP Time Machine” did an ill art show last weekend! This project explored “memory, both individual and communal, and myths, those newly created and inherited.” I DJ-ed this joint too so the vibes were lovely and so were the people who came thru. Big Up to Eb and Tiff who rolled up on brand new bicycles! Wait ‘til I get my joint; it’s on! - BTW, this show is up at 235 Walker St. Check it out.
Photobucket

Spread Lovely
Speaking of Tiff… she’s always saving the last dance for me. Making me feel kinda speshu : ) But I’ve missed the last few parties, and she’s been quick to remind me! So I cut out of the art show early and connected with her at Spread Love. If you don’t know how Kemit puts it down, you’re sleepin’. He dropped one of my favorite joints, and I went on the hunt for the one they call Sista T (aka the Butta Fly). She worked my ol’ bones so hard, I wasn’t right ‘til Monday. I’ma come correct next time Love!

The Monies
DJ Phil Money came thru the A to rock his sister in-law’s graduation party. So I went to the Big house to get my BBQ on. The Money Family knows how to throw a shindig. Yo, there was food everywhere, a pool, of course good music, and later that night… strippers!? At one point I was holding down the tables with a Reggae set. I heard a commotion behind me, so I turned to investigate. And there they were, the breast I was admiring only moments earlier where now free! I didn’t throw money or cop a feel; not really my steeze. But I admire a fine cup like the next man : D When’s the next jump off Phil?

Photobucket
Something I wanna address…

MOLESTATION 2
Photobucket

For a long time I’ve had an aversion to old white men. It wasn’t something I was aware of for many years though. This quiet, specific hate didn’t stem from their knack for oppression, rape and pillage (they don’t have a corner on that market), but because my second molester was an old white man. In fact, the pedophile character on Family Guy reminds me of this dude.

It started typically, simply and innocently, as these things do. In my Biloxi Mississippi neighborhood, he was the cool old man that loved little Black kids. I started hanging out at his house because my friends said we could go there and do what we wanted. Eating my fill of Oreos, trying cigarettes, and gettin’ money were appealing to this 8 year-old explorer.

And then the day came. Apparently it was my turn. –There was a roller skating party that evening that I desperately wanted to attend. Portia was gonna be there! But as was the usual scenario, Moms didn’t have the money. Desperate to get to my crush, I had the idea to ask the old man if I could do chores for the loot. Naturally, he was more than happy to oblige. And no work was required. “Just look on that shelf in the closet and take what you need.”

“OK, thanks! I gotta go. See you tomorrow…”

“Why are you leaving so quickly? At least come give me a hug before you go.”

If not before, this is when my antenna sensed things were taking a bad turn. But he gave me money. I could give the old man a hug. When I sat down in his lap I realized he was nude under that blue robe and he was erect. Before I could react, his hand was down the front of my pants. I don’t remember saying anything or slamming the door behind me. I just see me bolting out the front door before it went where I knew it could go.

Of course, I wasn’t in a festive mood that night. I’m sure my best friend was upset by my lack of enthusiasm about chasing girls and skating. I saw Portia once that night, but I didn’t speak. In fact, I didn’t say anything to anyone about what happened, until…

One day there was a bang at the door. Had to be the police with a rap like that! When I saw 3 angry Black moms through the peephole, I instinctually knew what was up. “Is your Momma home?” “Yes Mam, please come in. Mom!”

After I told my mom what happened to me, I found out how lucky I was. Apparently the old man got a lot more physical with the other younger boys in my ‘hood. If I recall correctly, it ended with him being sentenced to 7 years in prison. I can picture him looking pathetic in county orange and shackles.

When I was 19, I was doing a cleaning job for two Priests who lived together. For my great work I received a gratuity and a pat on the back. That pat made my skin crawl!!! On the long drive home, it hit me. My reaction was the result of what happened to me. I was happy for the realization because I know that repressing this sort of thing is not a good look. That experience has kept me more aware.

Stay tuned for the final installment.

Photobucket
Corny, politically incorrect, or just silly-ass stuff!


Photobucket
“The most I can show you is Love”.

A young friend hit me up about this new kid she just met. She was excited about the meeting because he came correct. He’s a Virgo and she’s a Gemini, so the conversation was correct. She did some math and their birth-path numbers line up. So now what?

How do I know he’s real? How can I know if he’s being truthful about his intentions? What if…? –In our conversation I could hear her plottin’ and schemin’ to get to the truth. “Why don’t you just ask what you want to know?”

-In my experience, most people want to be honest. And if given a chance, people are, to some degree. But in my opinion, media and society perpetuate the misguided ‘need’ to misrepresent, beat around the bush, or just lie. And what people lie about is ridiculous! Age, income, and relationship status are the hot ones. But I think that it’s everyone’s duty to break this stupid habit.

If we want trustworthy relationships, we have to be trustworthy. Of course, just because you’re real doesn’t mean everyone you know will transform. But as we are more authentic in our movements, we begin to attract like minds. When the people you deal with on the regular know how you rock, they tend to rock with you. At the very least, your integrity gives rise to the ability to see others dishonesty. I can’t pretend I know how this works. But the muscle that allows us to see clearly is developed by our correct actions.

I say give people a chance to be truthful. If we’re in tune with our own truth, theirs is easy to recognize. Besides, someone else’s lack of integrity should not give us license to slip on ours. The more we expect good, the more good comes our way.

BTW – Gemini / Virgo combo is great for communication and friendship, but a long-term commitment is challenging!

Photobucket
Points of interest…

Big Up to my cousin Dane, doin’ it for the kids!
Photobucket

Sol Messiah’s was the first mixtape I bought when I first moved to the A in 93/94! Check for him!
Photobucket

Check the Word Play REMIX Feat. Wale, Curren$y, Senor Kaos - Produced By 9th Wonder
And his blog is crazy too! http://thekaoseffect.com/blog
Photobucket

For you house heads that just can’t get enough…
Photobucket
SAT. MAY 2 @ THE STUDIO
860 HANK AARON DRIVE, ATL GA 30315

Photobucket
Thank you’s and shout-outs…

THE GIFT: I’m working on some Prince stuff. This is “Gauged Kiss”. ENJOY!
(copy n paste)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/y04ammjmtuc/GK.mp3

To the flyest sister in Chocolate City, China… There’s only 1 Camille!
Photobucket

No comments: