Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Photobucket

Greetings and Salutations!

It’s been a long time… I shouldn’t have left you… without some dope lines to set you… Str8!

I hope you are well and thriving. It’s been another beautiful week of self-discoveries. Before you go in, let me ask you this: What would you like all the people you know to say about you at your funeral? Might sound morbid at first, but focus on the legacy you’d like to leave. It’s a good way to make sure you’re on the right path.

Have a nice one.

True,
da’shon is.

Photobucket
"That just happened!"
Photobucket

TV FAST
I’ve been forced to live without my idiot box for 2 weeks now. At first I bucked, naturally. But as I’ve done it before, it wasn’t long before I settled into the silence. I purposely don’t have cable, so all that left me was wack TV channels anyway. I have appreciated hearing and organizing my thoughts again. It’s easy to forget that we are not our minds. And with constant stimulation from TV to Twitter, when do we have time to sit in silence? As a meditator I recognize the importance stillness. –Anybody want an old TV?

ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING
In all my years on the planet I’ve somehow managed to escape changing a single diaper! How? It takes cunning my friends. Always wear a condom, pull out… oh! and if you smell something funny around anybody under 3 feet tall, walk in the other direction. (Maybe do that anyway). Somehow I think my little homie Go Go sensed my disdain for all things stinky and held his BM ‘til his mom and dad’s return. Thanks little man. Let’s hang out again sometime!

SUGAR HILL BABY
It seems another era has ended. Although I missed Yin Yang’s final party 10 years ago, last night’s close out at Sugar Hill gave me something. The who’s who of the A represented. The performers were off the chain and the vibe was right. The heads and I long for feeling that is long gone, change is inevitable. It’s the one thing we can count on. I'm now understanding that creating what’s next is time better spent!
Photobucket
PHOTOS BY JOHN CROOMS (The one and only!)

Photobucket
Something I wanna address…

MOLESTATION CLOSURE

I believe pedophilia and general molestation is a result of the repression of human sexuality. I’m no doctor and I’m sure there are other factors. I’m speaking for someone who’s been abused and has heard countless stories. It seems that when a person’s sexuality is hindered in anyway, it will find a way to be expressed. Deviant behavior is an unfortunate side effect of hypocritical societies.

And I mean no disrespect or judgment on the paths that people take. But I've noticed that in religions were leaders are sworn to celibacy, we find abuse. In some cultures, sex with children is common practice. Wherever there is an oppressive view on what we are “allowed” to do with our bodies, we can count on violations.

Before I began practicing Sexual Kung Fu 12 years ago, I probably just felt like most people: castrate abusers, jail ‘em, kill ‘em! But with a new understanding of what sexuality is, and how our sensibilities are constantly being assaulted through media corporations, my paradigm shifted. I still think that sane people should be punished, but that’s not remotely enough. I believe understanding and prevention are way overdue. But we can’t wait for “them” to do something about it. It’s up to individuals to change this world.

My contribution to the eradication of such abuse is a more intense form of sex ed. It’s my opinion that Sexual Kung Fu will completely change the game. I sense that when people are empowered by a true sexual knowledge of self, abuses become less likely. Not only that, teen pregnancy, early sex, dis-eases, and general health problems are all lessoned by learning these lessons.

I don’t feel like a victim. I can laugh at the devil on Family Guy. I know who I am and recognize that this reality is created by me. It is my hope that all who’ve been abused can at least reach the place I am. It is my intention to empower people to move well beyond. That nasty shit has got to stop!

Photobucket
Corny, politically incorrect, or just silly-ass stuff!


Photobucket
“The most I can show you is Love”.

COMPATIBLE SIGNS

I’ve had a few conversations about compatibility lately. Many people think astrology and the like is a bunch of crap. My boy H just said “man, I don’t follow that s#!7!” But I said to him the same thing I always try to relate to people. In the same way we are all affected by the Sun, the Moon, and gravity, we are affected by the position of the heavens on the day we were born. We don’t have to follow this ancient science or know anything about it to be affect by it. And to be sure, any two people can make any relationship work. But my feeling is, why not go for someone we have a better chance with?

Here’s a traditionally compatible Sun signs guide to get you right:

Aries should check for Leo, Sagittarius, Aquarius and Gemini. Libra is your opposite.
Taurus goes well with Virgo, Capricorn, Cancer and Pisces. Scorpio is your opposite.
Gemini builds with Libra, Aquarius, Aries and Leo. Sagittarius is your opposite.
Cancer is loved by Virgo, Scorpio, Pisces, and Taurus. Capricorn is your opposite.
Leo rocks right with Sagittarius, Aries, Libra, and Gemini. Aquarius is your opposite.
Virgo shines best with Cancer, Taurus, Capricorn, and Scorpio. Pisces is your opposite.
Libra feels balanced with Gemini, Aquarius, Leo, and Sagittarius. Aries is your opposite.
Scorpio moves well with Cancer, Pisces, Capricorn and Virgo. Taurus is your opposite.
Sagittarius sings with Leo, Aries, Libra, and Aquarius. Gemini is your opposite.
Capricorn works well with Virgo, Taurus, Scorpio, and Pisces. Cancer is your opposite.
Aquarius dances with Gemini, Libra, Aries and Sagittarius. Leo is your opposite.
Pisces swims with Cancer, Scorpio, Capricorn and Taurus. Virgo is your opposite.

Happy hunting!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Points of interest…

A-SKI (The Professor) is doin' it again yall! I'ma go ahead and say it, this dude is the most slept on GEM on the West Coast. Square Biz, wake up world!
If you're in LA LA, Check little temple on Thursdays.
Photobucket
flyer by creatordashon.is@gmail.com

Playtime.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Thank you’s and shout-outs…

The GIFT:Another Prince joint from the same song. Calling it "Teaching Her". (CUT AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER)>>>
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mr3wtommmfy/T H.mp3
((((Happy Listening)))))

Give thanks to DEEPA for reminding me that we’ve known each other for 6 years now! A dear friend; I appreciate you for what you’ve taught me.
Photobucket

Big Up’s to Bem (and associates) for the Drake jump off last weekend. Bem reps ATL all day! You a real dude Sun!
Photobucket

No comments: